The short answer is that it is in order to try to avoid the many door jamb clearance issues that we see with steel buildings. The minimum clearances listed below will allow us to always fit a small wall girt between the column and door jamb to better assist customers or contractors with sheeting/trim application. It will also ensure adequate room for bolt tightening, base plate clearances, etc.
At Corners with Flush Sidewalls: 2'-0" minimum distance (up to a 12" deep corner column) - for corner columns over 12" deep, add the increased depth to this minimum (i.e. 20" column = 2'-8" minimum offset
At Corners with Bypass Sidewalls: Add 8" or 10" to the above minimum distance to account for your bypass girt depth
Between Two Jambs: 2' (for two openings in the same bay)
(click to dismiss)
Our Homestead Series make beautiful living spaces. Strong, engineered exteriors provide flexibility for you to complete the interior while supporting large spans and open floor plans.
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- Bolt together steel frame
- 26 gauge White roof 30 Year Limited Paint Warranty
- 26 gauge colored walls (White, Tan, Light Stone, Light Gray) 30 Year Limited Paint Warranty
- Framed openings for exterior walk doors (Doors not included)
- Framed openings for windows (Windows not included)
- Anchor Bolt plans and erection drawings
- Suggested floor plan
* Upgrade options include various designer colors, insulation, gutters, etc.Please check local building codes before ordering.
Prices subject to change without notice.
INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my door or window have to be at least 2' away from a corner?
Does Mueller provide concrete and erection services?
Do I need a permit for the building?
How are your buildings assembled?
Do you manufacture your buildings?
Why is it important to check my local building codes?
What kind of tools do I need to do this myself?
Will I need a builder or contractor?
What is the lead time on a metal building?
Can you refer an Independent Contractor?
* Colors may vary by monitor settings. Please contact us to get the most accurate color representation. We will be glad to provide you with color samples.
** Galvalume Plus has no uniformity of appearance guarantee. Each individual sheet, even upon delivery, may have a different color, gloss, sheen, texture or spangled appearance. If uniformity of appearance is desired, a painted product is required.
Click here for information about our paint warranties.