The short answer is that it is in order to try to avoid the many door jamb clearance issues that we see with steel buildings. The minimum clearances listed below will allow us to always fit a small wall girt between the column and door jamb to better assist customers or contractors with sheeting/trim application. It will also ensure adequate room for bolt tightening, base plate clearances, etc.
At Corners with Flush Sidewalls: 2'-0" minimum distance (up to a 12" deep corner column) - for corner columns over 12" deep, add the increased depth to this minimum (i.e. 20" column = 2'-8" minimum offset
At Corners with Bypass Sidewalls: Add 8" or 10" to the above minimum distance to account for your bypass girt depth
Between Two Jambs: 2' (for two openings in the same bay)
(click to dismiss)
Wrap Around Steel Building Storage
This 40' x 60' workshop is complemented by a 10' wrap-around porch and for added space and functionality. It features Coco Brown walls with Desert Tan roof and trim.
Mueller Custom Building Solutions:
- Designed and engineered to your project specifications
- In-house manufacturing and quality control
- Easy-to-assemble, bolt-together steel frame
- Wide range of 26-gauge steel panels
- Custom trim designs
- Roll-up doors made by Mueller
- Designer colors for panels, trim and roll-up doors
- Variety of accessories & components
- Convenient, on-site fork lift delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my door or window have to be at least 2' away from a corner?
How are your buildings assembled?
Why is it important to check my local building codes?
Does Mueller provide concrete and erection services?
Can we stucco, brick, or add stone to the exterior of the building later?
What is the lead time on a metal building?
Do I need a permit for the building?
Can we add a roll up door later?
How can I get a quote on a building?
Can you refer an Independent Contractor?
* Colors may vary by monitor settings. Please contact us to get the most accurate color representation. We will be glad to provide you with color samples.
** Galvalume Plus has no uniformity of appearance guarantee. Each individual sheet, even upon delivery, may have a different color, gloss, sheen, texture or spangled appearance. If uniformity of appearance is desired, a painted product is required.
Click here for information about our paint warranties.