Depending on your intended use, a thicker panel is not always better. A 24-gauge material is thick but must be softer than 26-gauge to be rolled into sheets and trim. Additionally, thicker material will cost more and may not be the best value for what you need. While both can be used on roofs, the majority of what we sell is 26-gauge which offers a great combination of thickness and hardness factors. We also offer our SSP panels in 29-gauge for less demanding applications and budget-driven projects.
(click to dismiss)
The R Panel is a low-maintenance, durable alternative to conventional roofing. It's ideal for retro-fitting over existing composition shingles, and it saves time, labor and disposal costs, which means a lower total project cost. Choose from many designer colors for a sleek, attractive appearance.
- Up to a 30-Year Limited Paint Warranty
- A Wide Range of Designer Colors
- Hail Resistant – Underwriters Laboratories Class-4 Rating
- Fire Resistant
- Wind Resistant up to 140 mph
- Practically Maintenance Free
- 26-Gauge - Commercial Grade Steel
- Energy Efficient
- Greater Life Expectancy
- Outstanding Durability
- Possible Insurance Savings
- To See PBR options click here
INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is thicker material always better?
Do the panels come pre-cut?
Can you refer an Independent Contractor?
Will a metal roof attract lightning?
Can I install metal roofing over my existing shingles?
What is Class 4?
What is the warranty on a Mueller roof?
Is a metal roof easy to install?
What are the benefits of metal roofing?
Is a metal roof more energy efficient than an asphalt shingle roof?
What is the minimum roof slope recommended for R Panel?
* Colors may vary by monitor settings. Please contact us to get the most accurate color representation. We will be glad to provide you with color samples.
** Galvalume Plus has no uniformity of appearance guarantee. Each individual sheet, even upon delivery, may have a different color, gloss, sheen, texture or spangled appearance. If uniformity of appearance is required, a painted product is required.
Click here for information about our paint warranties.