The short answer is that it is in order to try to avoid the many door jamb clearance issues that we see with steel buildings. The minimum clearances listed below will allow us to always fit a small wall girt between the column and door jamb to better assist customers or contractors with sheeting/trim application. It will also ensure adequate room for bolt tightening, base plate clearances, etc.
At Corners with Flush Sidewalls: 2'-0" minimum distance (up to a 12" deep corner column) - for corner columns over 12" deep, add the increased depth to this minimum (i.e. 20" column = 2'-8" minimum offset
At Corners with Bypass Sidewalls: Add 8" or 10" to the above minimum distance to account for your bypass girt depth
Between Two Jambs: 2' (for two openings in the same bay)
(click to dismiss)
Standard Series - Garage - 24' x 30' x 11'
The 24' x 30' x 11' Garage kit is a great way to protect your vehicles from the weather.
Mueller's Standard Series is the finest pre-designed steel building around. Built of heavy structural steel, these buildings set new benchmarks for quality, ease of assembly and flexibility. They can be assembled with bolts and screws, with no welding. You can pick them up at any Mueller branch or, for a small fee, have them delivered to your site.
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- Bolt together frame
- Coldform end walls
- 26 gauge Galvalume roof with 20-year limited warranty
- 26 gauge Colored walls with 30-year limited warranty (White, Tan, Light Stone, Light Gray)
- Basic trim package
- Anchor Bolt plans, and erection drawings
- Framed opening centered in one end wall. (Door not included)
- One 16' x 8' framed opening
- Note: Texas Windstorm Specifications
- Eave height - 10'
- One 16' x 7'4" framed opening
Visualize your color combinations in our Color Selector Tool.
|Utility: (20/10/115 mph)|| $|
|Basic: (20/20/140 mph)|| $|
|Snow: (20/30/130 mph)|| $|
|Premium: (20/10/150 mph)|| $|
|Texas Windstorm: (20/10/120 mph)|| $|
* Upgrade options include various designer colors, insulation, gutters, etc.Please check local building codes before ordering.
Prices subject to change without notice.
INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my door or window have to be at least 2' away from a corner?
Does Mueller provide concrete and erection services?
Do I need a permit for the building?
How are your buildings assembled?
Do you manufacture your buildings?
Why is it important to check my local building codes?
What kind of tools do I need to do this myself?
What is the lead time on a metal building?
Can you refer an Independent Contractor?
* Colors may vary by monitor settings. Please contact us to get the most accurate color representation. We will be glad to provide you with color samples.
** Galvalume Plus has no uniformity of appearance guarantee. Each individual sheet, even upon delivery, may have a different color, gloss, sheen, texture or spangled appearance. If uniformity of appearance is desired, a painted product is required.
Click here for information about our paint warranties.