Official Contest Terms and Conditions
The Contest is open to all not-for-profit organizations in the state of Texas. Mueller, Inc. (MI) and Phillips Productions, Inc. (PPI) employees and their immediate families, along with any vendors or sponsors of “Texas Country Reporter” and MI will not be eligible to participate in this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Means of entry: Helping Hand participants must visit http://www.texascountryreporter.com or http://www.muellerinc.com to receive official entry instructions. Participants must submit in writing the reason or reasons that they feel their organization deserves to be selected. Entries must be received no later than May 16, 2022 at the following address:
Attn: Marketing Department
1913 Hutchins Ave
Ballinger, Tx 76821
2. MI and PPI are not responsible for late or misdirected mail.
3. Incomplete or unreadable entries will be voided and will be ineligible for selection.
LIMITATION ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
Only one entry per non-profit organization is permitted. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
HOW THE RECIPIENT WILL BE SELECTED
A judging committee made up of employees of MI and PPI will make the final selection.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
No purchase necessary to enter or to be selected.
One (1) Mueller metal building, up to 4,000 square feet, constructed by MI and associated vendors. The recipient organization must complete a final agreement. Prize is not transferable. Prize will be awarded by July 1, 2022. The selected organization must provide foundation, electrical, plumbing, paving, and other infrastructure deemed necessary. Mueller, Inc will be responsible for the metal structure only. The organization’s infrastructure must be in place by September 15, 2022 before building erection. The selected organization is also responsible for checking local building codes and acquiring any necessary construction permits. Building construction must be complete by October 31, 2022.
EXPENSES AND TAXES
Prize winners are responsible for all incidental expenses incurred in connection with accepting the prize and shall not seek reimbursement from MI or PPI or any advertising or promotional agency.
Any tax obligation incurred as a result of any prize awarded herein will be the responsibility of the recipient of the prize.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
Before being awarded the prize the prize winner must:
1. Show valid proof of organization’s not-for-profit status; and
2. Complete and submit an application, agreeing to the Official Contest Terms & Conditions;
3. Agree that he or she understands that acceptance of the prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence and that as a result he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
4. Agree that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death, or property damage arising out of or connected with his or her participation in being selected for the prize.
5. Agree that he or she releases MI and PPI, its officers, employees, directors, shareholders, agents, from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the prize including without limitation any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participation in the Contest or accepting the prize, whether suffered by the prize winner or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors and notwithstanding that any such loss or damage or injury, illness or death may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of MI and PPI, its officers, employees, shareholders, agents or directors.
PRIZE TO BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED
The prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of any prize is offered. Should the prize winner be unable to accept the prize as awarded, it will be forfeited and retained by MI.
SUBSTITUTION OR CHANGE TO THE CONTEST
MI and PPI reserve the right to substitute any prize or any component thereof for those of approximately the same value and reserves the right to change the Contest rules or terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time without prior notice.
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of MI and PPI.
CONSENT TO USE OF PERSONALITY
Winner agrees to allow MI and PPI to photograph and/or videotape them and use these photos and video/audio tapes for promotional use in perpetuity commencing on the date the photo and or video/audio was taken.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing information including but not limited to name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers, each contestant grants permission to MI and PPI for the collection and use of the entrant’s information for the purpose of administering the Contest, selecting the prize winner and follow-up marketing to the entrant by MI and PPI.
NO DISRUPTION TO CONTEST
All entrants agree to respect the entry process and operation of the Contest as outlined in these rules and regulations. Any attempt to disrupt the Contest or tamper with the entry process may result in damages to MI and PPI, which MI and PPI may pursue to the full extent of the law.
COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of MI and PPI.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, state, and local regulations.
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
MI AND PPI MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY MI AND PPI AND WAIVED BY APPLICANT AND/OR WINNER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MI OR PPI BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. MI MAY DELIVER, BY SEPARATE DOCUMENT, CERTAIN LIMITED WARRANTIES TO WINNER, WHICH LIMITED WARRANTIES MUST BE SIGNED BY BOTH MI AND WINNER PRIOR TO OR AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY TO BUYER TO BE EFFECTIVE.